I started working at Cult of Mac, an Apple-centric news and reviews site, in August 2013, and I was there through May 2016. You can see everything I’ve written here, but here are some selections:
- The unbelievable true story of Farty Troll‘s struggle to release – An interview with webcomic PvP‘s Scott Kurtz and Cory Casoni about the trouble they had getting their flatulence-driven Flappy Bird clone through Apple’s approval process.
- Snopes declares Apple Music deletion fears ‘mostly false’ – I’d already reported on the blog post claiming that Apple had reached into one user’s computer and trashed his music, but here came Snopes to set us all straight.
- Make your home screen pop with round iOS folders – A quick, sneaky little trick lets you turn some of the folders on your iPhone round. It looks cool, so I shared it. The header photograph is mine.
- Man wants to marry his MacBook to make (idiotic) point – This guy believed that if he could get a judge to issue him a marriage license to let him wed his laptop, it would somehow prove same-sex marriage ridiculous. Good luck with that, man.
- Check out this high-tech animal gear for National Pet Day – This is a round-up of some cool pet gadgets, including a collar that will tell you if your animal friend is in danger of drowning and modular housing for your cat.
- HappySacs keep your boys out of some sticky situations – This review may be out of the site’s usual scope, but it was too weird to pass up. They’re little pouches that men can wear to keep from developing a swamp situation in their underpants. And I’m pretty proud of the fact that I didn’t repeat a single entendre when I was talking about dude bits.